SPS Ecotain® 'n' Mainstar
High performance perennial pasture
- Mainstar forage brassica provides high protein, highly digestible feed through summer, whilst allowing the establishment of Ecotain® plantain as the subsequent perennial stand.
- Reduces downtime period from a summer crop to an autumn/winter finishing pasture.
- No sowing costs in autumn.
- Provides high quality autumn/winter feed for autumn lambing enterprises or prime lamb finishing systems.
- Highly persistent pasture under a rotational grazing system.
A blend of Ecotain® sown with Mainstar forage brassica as a cover crop. This blend provides a high quality pasture with a quick transition from a summer crop to an autumn/winter finishing pasture.
Optimum sowing time/rate:
- Spring: August - October 8kg/ha (500-650 mm)
- Autumn: March - April 10kg/ha (650 mm+)
Soil type: Wide range
Fertility requirement: Low-medium
Optimum first grazing: Wait for Winfred to mature approx 10-12 weeks